1. Our contract
All bookings are made with World Weavers (ABN number). By booking a program with us, you are deemed to have agreed to these booking conditions and your booking will be accepted by us on this basis.
2. Deposit requirement
You are required to pay a non-refundable deposit of 20% of the program price for your booking to be confirmed. If your booking is made withing 2 months of the departure date, then the full amount is payable at the time of booking.
3. Acceptance of booking and final payments
Upon receipt of the deposit, World Weavers will secure the position in the program and will contact the applicant within 2 days of receipt of the deposit.
Payment of the balance of the trip price is due 2 months before the departure date. If this balance is not paid on or before the due date, we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled.
4. Your details
In order for us to confirm your travel arrangements, you must provide all requested details with the balance of the trip price.
5. Cancellation by the traveller
If you cancel your booking for any reason, the participant must notify WORLD WEAVERS in writing. The cancellation will be effective upon receipt of the notification by WORLD WEAVERS. Please note that the following charges will apply on cancellation:
- If cancellation takes place 40 days or more prior to departure, we will retain the deposit (20% of the total tour price), regardless of our providers’ cancellation policy;
- If the cancellation takes place less than 40 days prior to the departure or during the program, 100% of the tour price will be forfeited, regardless of our providers’ cancellation policy.
If you fail to join a program, join it after departure, or leave it prior to its completion, no refund will be made.
6. Cancellation by World Weavers
World Weavers reserves the right to cancel any program at any time up to 30 days before departure. World Weavers is not responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your booking including but not limited to visas, vaccinations, travel insurance excess or non-refundable flights. Should a program be cancelled, you will be offered the option of positions in other programs or a full refund of all fees paid.
7. Age and health requirement
A minimum age at the time of travel applies to all our program. For the majority of our programs, the minimum age requirement is 18 unless accompanied by an adult.
8. Passport and visas
You must possess a valid passport for their World Weavers trip (passport must be valid for 6 months beyond the duration of the trip) and have obtained all the appropriate visas and permits for the countries you will visit during the program. We are not responsible if you are refused entry because you lack the correct passport, visa travel documents.
9. Travel insurance
You must have valid health insurance during the time of their program, covering personal accident, death, medical expenses and emergency repatriation.
10. Release of Liability
In this document, World Weavers, and all individuals working for and within its agents, employees, and staff give notice that they act solely on behalf of and for the benefit of the participants. World Weavers shall not be liable, financially or otherwise, for:
- non-performance or unsatisfactory service;
- the injury to persons including death;
- loss of or damage to property;
- accident or delay;
- expenses arising from strikes, weather, quarantine, sickness, government regulation, civil unrest or war, or from any act or omission of World Weavers agents or employees, and/or airline, mail services, railroad, bus company, automobile rental entity, hotel, restaurant, or other supplier of service.
By booking with us, you assume all of these risks and agree to indemnify World Weavers, its officers, directors, and employees harmless for any and all liability that may arise in connection with participation in the World Weavers Programs.
World Weavers reserves the right to refuse any applicant admission to any program if he or she is deemed ill-suited for the program.
11. Photos and marketing
Photographs, videotapes, and/or statements of participants may be used in promoting World Weavers. You grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable licence to use such images for publicity and promotional purposes.
World Weavers publishes program and project photos on a regular basis on the World Weavers website. These photos and videos are available for students, parents, and interested individuals to download, email, or print.
12. Behavioural expectations
By joining a World Weavers Program, you assume certain obligations to World Weavers, its community, and other program participants. If on-site program directors determine you fail to meet the behavioural expectations set out in this contract, you will be asked to leave the program. If you are asked to leave under these circumstances, you will not receive a refund.
In addition to other program responsibilities, as a program participant you are responsible for:
- being in sufficiently good health to undertake the program.
- acting in an appropriate and respectful manner towards the local people, fellow travellers, program participants, and staff in accordance with the customs, laws, regulations, and ordinances of the areas visited.
1. Our contract